HILL CLIMB EXPERIENCE
HILL CLIMB PROGRAM:
- Your Sportcar GTS will be delivered by our Private Driving Concierge at the Hotel
- Visit of Sanctuary Monte Pellegrino
- Visit of Mondello
- Car drop off at RF Villa Igiea
Driving experience itinerary:
RF Villa Igiea - Grand Hotel Villa Igiea - Monte Pellegrino - Sanctuary of Santa Rosalia
- Nature Reserve Park of Favorita - Mondello- RF Villa Igiea
Driving distance: 40 km
Driving time: 1,5 hours without stops
Suggested Lifestyle experiences
Enjoy one of our suggested ready-to-use life experiences
- Thrill driving the route of the oldest uphill race in the world created in 1908;
- Enjoy the most enchanting view of Montepellegrino, from where you will observe all of Palermo as if you were on a plane;
- Visit the Sanctuary of Santa Rosalia, the Patroness of the City of Palermo;
- Visit the wonderful seaside town of Mondello, followed by an excellent lunch at the restaurant near the sea
Suggested Eno-gastronomic experiences
Lunch stop during your circuit:
- Lunch at panoramic restaurant overlooking Palermo seaside
Monte Pellegrino is a beautiful promontory that rises on Palermo, and one of the more ancient symbols of motorsport in the world. This is where the famous Monte Pellegrino Hill Climb circuit starts, the first uphill car race dating back to 1908 created by Vincenzo Florio; here in 1950, Tazio Nuvolari ran his last race.
Once a destination for racing enthusiasts who in the past would gather here for the event. Over the years, the event has been growing, and touching sacred places like the Sanctuary of Santa Rosalia (the saint patron of Palermo). The Hill Climb event began positioning itself for beauty, timed to happen just after the Targa Florio.
Goethe named Monte Pellegrino the most beautiful headland in the world, as it overlooks the City of Palermo on one side, and a spectacular downhill with a view of the enchanting beach of Mondello on the other.
The Nature Reserve Park of Favorita. The historic Favorita Park Circuit was the first of the two rounds in Palermo, in the paths of the park four editions of the Targa Florio where held from 1937 to 1940, where around 150 four-wheeled jewels paraded from all over the world: Ferrari, Lotus, Maserati, Porsche, Fiat, Abarth, Lancia and others. Favorita is also the largest park in Italy that was once the "Real estate of the Favorita", created by King Ferdinand IV of Bourbon, who arrived in Sicily while escaping from the Napoleonic troops in Naples.
Mondello is a small seaside resort with a wonderful beach just a short ride from the centre of the Sicilian capital Palermo. Mondello is more than just a beach resort; it's an education in Sicilian custom, rituals and adolescent bonding- the beach is long and curving, made of soft pale sand sloping very gently into the turquoise sea.