RACE THE LEGEND EXPERIENCE
ONE DAY EXPERIENCE
RACE THE LEGEND
- Your Sportcar GTS will be delivered by our Private
Driving Concierge at the Hotel,
his ancestor, the legendary 718 RSK, won the Targa Florio three times
- Visit of Cerda, Collesano
- Guided visit of Cefalù
- Car drop off at Villa Igea
Driving experience itinerary:
RF Villa Igiea- Floriopoli (Tribunes of
Floriopoli - Targa Florio Start) - Cerda
- Collesano - Castelbuono - Cefalu’-
RF Villa Igiea
Driving distance: 235 km
Driving time: 4,5 hours without stops
Suggested Lifestyle experiences
Enjoy one of our out-of-the-box suggested lifestyle experiences
- Visit to the stunning old city of Cefalù, one of the prettiest seaside villages (Cefalù)
- Enjoy an Olive oil and wine tasting in an historical Abbey (Castelbuono)
- Private visit of the Museum dedicated to the legendary Targa Florio race, that contains an important
collection of the photos, documentaries, objects and relics (Collesano)
- Visit the popular’’Fiasconaro’’ bar, where a typical Sicilian Christmas cake is produced and taste their delicious traditional pastries (Castelbuono)
Suggested Eno-gastronomic experiences
Lunch stop during your circuit:
-Rustic and Local Restaurant inside a typical Sicilian farmhouse immersed in the mountains offering genuine local cuisine
TARGA FLORIO is an open road endurance automobile race held in the mountains of Sicily near the island's capital of Palermo. Founded in 1906, it was the oldest sports car racing event, part of the World Sportscar Championship between 1955 and 1973. The Tribunes of Floriopoli is the historic headquarters of the Targa Florio pits. From here the legendary route on Targa Florio begins, a very technical track that is famous for its difficulty.
COLLESANO, a town developed in the XII century around the Norman Castle. The Targa Florio Museum contains an important and impressive collection of the photos, unpublished documentaries, objects and relics of the legendary "Targa Florio".
CASTELBUONO, a village in the province of Palermo, is known for the rare Manna (a very valuable product obtained from the bark of the ash tree) and the Castle of Ventimiglia. The wonderful Cappella Palatina (1683) is located inside the Castle, where the skull of the saint patron Sant'Anna is kept.
CEFALU’ - A concentration of history and beauty. Suspended between the Tyrrhenian sea and the Madonie mountains, Cefalù (a UNESCO world heritage site) is dominated by the imposing profile of La Rocca. It is one of the most evocative and mysterious corners of Sicily, but also one of the most beautiful villages of Italy, with its succession of alleys and medieval streets.